Download (9.3 KB) v2.2 – 16 jan 2003
FileMerger was actually my first attempt at writing a Windows (win32) application. At the time I had need for a program who would combine a number of downloaded files into one big file. I needed a program that would be able to both combine text files and (header-less) binary files (mp3, mpeg, etc).
FileMerger is an MFC dialog application, who’s interface is very basic. All the program’s functions can be found both on the menu and on the toolbar. I used FileMerger as a test project to find my way in the world of windows programming.
– Removed easteregg (it was taking up too much space any way)
– Removed fluffy dialog background
– Fixed bug merging extremely large files (we’re taliking gigabytes here)
– Added move up and move down control for the file list
– Major interface overhaul
– Drag & drop file support
– Added menu
– Multiple file selection support
– Binary file merging of 2 or more seleced files
– Simple interface